At 2 a.m. Thursday police responded to 24 Mt. Vernon St. for a report of an attempted breaking and entering into a residence by force during the night. According to police reports, a man said that he and his wife were startled awake by someone who had had opened their bedroom window. The man shouted at the intruder to leave and the suspect fled down Walnut Street toward Beacon Street.
Tuesday, Oct. 30
- At 9:18 p.m. police arrested John William Harl, of Edgartown, on Cambridge Street on a charge of assault and battery.
Wednesday, Oct. 31
- At 1 p.m. police responded to 70 Charles St. for a report of a breaking and entering into a non-residence by force during the night. According to police reports, Cynthia Driscoll Designs had been broken into overnight and several thousand dollars worth of property had been stolen. Police saw that the store's front window had been pried open.
- At 2 p.m. police arrested Marcus Brown, of Highland Street, on a charge of larceny in a buidling, $200 or more.
- At 9 p.m. police responded to 150 Charles St. for a report of a motor vehicle accident that caused property damage.
Thursday, Nov. 1
- At 11:30 a.m. police responded to Hancock Street for a report of a motor vehicle accident involving a police car.
- At 10 p.m. police responded to 17 Beacon St. for a report of breaking and entering into a non-residence at night by force. According to police reports, a parking clerk at XV Beacon Hotel reported that someone had shattered the tempered glass window to the parking booth's door and stole $50 in case. The incident is under investigation.
Friday, Nov. 2
- At 12:12 a.m. police took a report of an armed robbery by firearm at Joy and Mt. Vernon Streets. See the full story here.