Black Ink's flagship location on Charles Street is a visually intriguing shop full of surprises covering every inch of its fewer than 500 square feet of space. Featuring floor-to-ceiling shelves, and rows of merchandise in between, you could spend hours inquisitively browsing and still discover new items.
There's really no rhyme or reason to this eclectic assortment of merchandise. Ribbons of all colors and patterns are sold by the yard. It's got 50 to 100 different styles of rubber stamps, and a diverse selection of wrapping paper. Rows of beautifully letter-pressed greeting cards are positioned in the center of the store between walls of candles, erasers, games, soaps, items for brides, grooms and babies, and books including The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin and other titles you rarely find anywhere else. The vintage storefront is sure to lure you in. But be careful. You may not want to leave.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 10am - 7pm; Sun, noon - 6pm
- Founding Date: 1994
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Return policy: Store credit within 30 days of purchase with original receipt
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: On-street: metered
- What's your most popular item?: Pantone Mugs in the standardized colors for printing are a favorite among graphic designers. Also popular are plastic cafeteria trays in your choice of green or blue.