The Community Boating organization was established in 1936 and the boathouse was completed in 1941. The organization now accommodates thousands of boating enthusiasts a year through their various programs, including a junior program for kids of ages 10 to 18. The boathouse will be undergoing renovations this fall with a grand re-opening in the spring of 2011. These renovations will include a larger front door opening as well as more docks so that the facility will be even more handicapped accessible, as part of their "Universal Access Program." They also offer military discounts.
- Fax: 617-523-6959
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 1pm - sunset; Sat, Sun, 9am - sunset.
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped restrooms and parking available with special pass.
- Parking: Paid lot
- Number of daily departures, arrivals: 400
- Reach: Local
- Facilities: Lost & found, Recreational facilities
- Rental cars: No
- Parking durations available: Short-term
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Discounts: Child, Corporate, Senior, Student
- Wi-Fi: None
- Number of docks: 1
- Cars allowed: No
- Bicycles allowed: Yes
- Alcohol allowed: No