The Phillips Street Play Area is a quieter, more adult-friendly playground than its neighbor up the hill, the Myrtle Street Playground. The play area is in the lower part of the park and features modern, jungle gym-like playground equipment set on top of rubber mats to absorb falls. The play area is surrounded by a low wall convenient for parents to sit on.
The upper park is a peaceful space with benches overlooking the play area. Pets are allowed in the upper part of the park only. It is maintained by the city's Parks and Recreation Department.
The play area was renovated in 2009.
- Hours: Daily, dawn to dusk
- Handicap Accessible: A ramp allows access to the lower part of the playground.
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Features: Benches, Playgrounds
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No fires, No smoking
- Wi-Fi: None